Falcon Logo used Courtesy of Jim Bowers, 77th FA Assn.
Okay, Here are the 77FA Regimental Colors
Above Photo: Courtesy of Bob "Doc" Bosma's site
Wanna See the 2010 Reunion PICS?
77thField Artillery Regiment Association
Is a 501(c) (Non Profit) Corporation/Organization
Partial Statement of purpose and objectives, from Constitution & By-Laws - As Approved, and Adapted, 9/18/'10
THIRD: PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES -
Section 1: The purpose of the association is to constituee a fraternal, non-profit corporation to bring together veterans who have served honorably wity the Regiment, and any successor units that may be formed trom the Regiment, who are dedicated to basic and traditional American principles of love of country, respect for the flag, and law and order.
A.) (While not listed as 1/a originally, this is indeed,
1:a- To honor those comrades in arms who have served honorably, and ESPECIALLY to honor those who sacrificed their lives serving in any unit of the Regiment.
To preserve and strenghten the comraderie formed while serving with the Regiment, by conducting Reuinions, Keepint the Membership informed of activities and events, etc. -----
We KNOW that as many of your ARE - NOW - WE once WERE. We also did not want to think about it, or remember it. Rather, to forget it and "Move on" with out lives. Experience has taught us to at this point, to wish you -
"Good Luck with That". And to ask "How's that working for ya so far?"
At our/your age, you are FINALLY DISCOVERING THAT THE ABOVE are impossibilities. You wonder what happened to "so and so"? You hope, and if you are a praying person, you PRAY they are alright, now, FINALLY.
Why not find out for sure? Or at least sick our "Locater" team on it, to see if they can find out for you.
As the "Commo Sgt." for the "Unofficial 2/77arty VN" site, I can tell you now, that we have had SEVERAL VERY REWARDING SUCCESSES with our Veterans Re-connceting with those they or someone else wondered 'bout. Old buds from then, Families of KIA's who needed closure, etc. The point is COMMUNICATION. And the 77Fa Regt. Assn. is and will be that link to communicate for YOU, too. We KNOW you do not REALLY want to be "Chucked in the Box" until you (if you can) find out how that "Buddy" who fought beside you fared in his life back in the "World"
HOW DO WE KNOW THAT? ---WELL, DUH!!! YOU ARE NOT ALONE, AND EVEN THOUGH TO US YOU ARE SPECIAL, YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL in the context of Vietnam or other Era Combat Veterans! You are just one of us, and the Other veterans who have similar experience, but do NOT have the ability to share with you the Specific Comraderie, etc. that one can share with a former member of his own unit! Think it over.
This is what we currently do or PLAN to do in the future, in Part. As membership increases, which will increase funds, We have other ideas in mind also.----First the "Dreams" we are ASKING you to "Buy into" by virtue of YOUR membership dues, souvenier purchases, any donations you might feel it is "right for you" to make, etc. But, BE CLEAR on this - Do what your heart tells you, and NOTHING that is related to any "PRESSURE" you might THINK you feel! We desire members who wish to be involved, active, etc. EVEN if it is only to just "stay in touch" via the Newsletter/contact information/memories published in the Newsletter, etc. We DO NOT want to place undue pressure on you. -----
BUT IF you need stories, incidents to explain to you HOW you may Re-Connect with a 'BUD' FROM YEARS AGO that you have often WONDERED about - You can contact me,
Sgt.Mikie Arizona's recruiting/Outreach troopie.
SOME oF these on this list are just things we are PROPOSING/CONSIDERING
That is why we need YOUR input on them.As they used to say in Formations, ----
"SOUND - OFF!"
Be HONEST, TROOPERS!
THE BATTALION YOU SERVED AND SWEATED WITH, BLED WITH, AND IN SOME CASES, WATCHED OTHERS ^DIE^ IN, HAS ALWAYS BEEN A PART OF YOUR LIFE, LIKE IT OR NOT! We in the Association offer you FINALLY a POSITIVE Assocition with the things you cannot, and on SOME LEVEL, do not WANT to forget. They, the Battalion, the combat, the Regiment, helped in some way SHAPE WHO YOU ARE NOW We ask you to SHARE THAT WITH US, AND HELP US WORK OUT THE QUESTIONS, WHILE WE HELP YOU WORK OUT THE QUESTIONS! Together, we WILL FIND THE ANSWERS!
- Support/Outreach to Active duty troopers Over-Seas
- Support/Outreach to Active duty (Combat Deployed) Bns. & Batteries
- Possible "
- Possibly, Partial or full financial support to Active Duty Troopers who desire to attend Reunion held within Reasonable distance of their Active duty CONUS stations, but may be financially CHALLENGED
- A News Letter, with a separate section for all battalions of the Regt. Memories, of Combat Stories, Notices of Recent Post VN "TAPS" names, Along with stories of how the Association sended flowers and a REPRESENTATIVE FROM THE State Chapter to "Toot" Him into eternity and say a prayer on behalf of YOU and US for a "Pass" on his "Final Inspection"
- Updating, our database, and search Engine, so that the "Find a Buddy" link can help you "Re-Connect" with those you have missed for years, now.
- RE-INFORCING the "We-Made it" - Woo Hoo Syndrome, and perpetuating that in the fun of Re-Unions, the joy of Welcoming "New Generations" of 77FAR veterans and their loved ones, and just doin the - "Survival Party" thing that we are ABSOLUTELY THE GOODEST AT!
- Building up a fund, for those who would LOVE to join the associtaion, but cannot afford the dues, to get somewhere between 1-3 years of "Gratitude Dues" from the Association.
- Incorporating a Memorial Ceremony for all the 77FA Regiment KIA'S in ANY War As an INTEGRAL part of all reunions
You can still see the Dusty/Hines reunion pics at ALBUMS
2/77FA Weather Station
Of course, weather is very important to Artillery!
'We sleep safely in our beds because rough
men stand ready in the night to visit violence
on those who would harm us.' George Orwell